Better Bite is hiring for a Finance and Operations Manager!
It's a full time, remote role (can be based anywhere in APAC) and will help us do more to support the alt protein industry with our fund.
Here's the job description and application process is at the bottom:
Are you a finance professional who’s passionate about sustainability and impact and wants to help the world move beyond animal agriculture?
Better Bite Ventures is Asia Pacific’s first alternative protein regional fund, backing early-stage founders transforming the world’s largest food market for the better. The $US 15 Million fund has invested to date in 13 high-potential Asia Pacific startups, harnessing plant-based and cellular agriculture technologies to create climate-friendly meat, dairy, egg and seafood alternatives that are better for people, animals and planet.
Better Bite Ventures was created by two operators turned impact investors, Michal Klar and Simon Newstead. They bring a combined 20 years as plant-based, sector expertise including running the Future Food Now newsletter and Vegan Startup podcast. The fund is domiciled in New Zealand.
We're an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our team.
Reports to Founding Partner
- Manage full spectrum of finance, fund transactions, audit, tax matters
- Manage payroll, expenses and other HR related tasks for the GPs
- Manage valuations policy and preparing valuation reports
- Manage accounting, auditing, compliance and fund administration partners
- Maintaining compliance calendar and ensure govt and fund deadlines are met
- Monitor cashflow, prepare cashflow projection and prepare investors’ request
- Provide the maintenance of books and records for fund, manager and GP companies
- Prepare input for capital call and financial statements with fund administrator
- Budgeting and forecasting for the business
- Developing and monitoring business metrics of fund and portfolio cos
- Manage tax implications of investments into various APAC countries
- Internal control and process improvement
Other operational duties
- Internal monthly reporting of operational metrics
- Maintain internal airtable of companies, investor information
- Assistance with industry research, for example deals/valuations and trends
- Investment due diligence assistance, for example, doc reviews, cap table checks
- Other administration related matters as required
- Degree in finance / related field and at least 5 years experience in finance/accounting
- Excellent eye for detail and taking pride in high quality work
- Tech savvy, strong capability with Airtable, Google Sheets / Excel advanced formulas, modelling as well as basic scripting and automation
- Able to work from home on full time basis in APAC timezone
- Excellent people and communication skills
- Able to work independently and proactively raise issues that need input
- Ability to work in a small startup like environment (currently a team of two full time)
- Positive, can do attitude
- Willingness to jump on and learn new skills to handle new tasks
- Ideally you’ll also have
- A passion for impact / sustainability
- Are excited by alternative proteins potential and are an avid consumer
- Experience in auditing
- Experience with fund management
- Get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org